The Innovation Circle
The Innovation Circle is a group of passionate individuals, family foundations and trusts who pledge to support London’s Air Ambulance Charity with a minimum annual gift of £5,000. This committed network of philanthropists help fund our missions to save Londoners’ lives 24/7, as well as our development of innovative new treatments to prevent deaths from trauma.
Thank you to our Founding Members:
- The Ambergate Charitable Trust
- The Beaverbrook Foundation
- Philip Broadley
- Jules and Cheryl Burns
- Dr Yoshimi DeLeon
- Bob Forsyth
- The Hamilton-Stewart Fund
- Tim and Yasuyo Hennock
- Rahul Moodgal
- Martin Morrissey
- Richard Robinson
- Robert Smeath
- Rob Wood
- Elizabeth Wright
Innovation is in our blood
We were the first air ambulance to:
- Carry doctors on board at all times
- Perform open heart surgery at the roadside (and treat the first survivor of this procedure)
- Pioneer and administer the life-saving REBOA procedure at the roadside (used to treat potentially fatal internal bleeding)
- Administer blood transfusions at the roadside.
It’s not only Londoners who benefit:
- The REBOA procedure, developed by our medics, has been adopted for use on the battlefield by the US military
- Leading consultants join us from around the world for secondments, bringing the world-renowned skills they learn back to their own hospitals
- We share our findings with the wider emergency sector through our Institute of Pre-Hospital Care: organising courses, conferences and symposiums to influence best practice across the UK and beyond.
Innovation Circle members are thanked with:
- A private visit to our helipad at The Royal London Hospital, with the opportunity to meet our medics, pilots and fire crew
- Innovation Circle evenings with our Research Fellows and medics, where you can hear about their work and meet fellow Circle members in an intimate, informal setting
- Biannual Innovation Circle updates and ‘newsflash’ e-mails, giving previews of the breakthroughs your support makes possible
- Complementary invitations to exclusive events with our corporate partners
- A dedicated relationship manager, offering you a personal point of contact
- Recognition on the London’s Air Ambulance Charity website and in our Annual Review (unless you wish to remain anonymous).
Read more about the Innovation Circle by downloading our brochure below.
To find out more about joining the Innovation Circle, please contact:
Senior Philanthropy Manager
Acceptance and Refusal of Donations Policy
As part of our compliance with Fundraising Regulator Code of Fundraising Practice we have developed an Acceptance and Refusal of Donations Policy.