The Innovation Circle
The Innovation Circle is a group of passionate individuals, family foundations and trusts who pledge to support London’s Air Ambulance Charity with a minimum annual gift of £5,000. This committed network of philanthropists fund our missions to save Londoners’ lives 24/7, as well as our development of innovative new treatments to prevent deaths from trauma.
Thank you to our Founding Members:
- The Beaverbrook Foundation
- Tim Hennock
- Philip Broadley
- Rahul Moodgal
London’s Air Ambulance Charity was born out of frustration: the knowledge that people were dying unnecessarily from traumatic injury at the roadside.
Innovation is in our blood
We were the first air ambulance to:
- Carry doctors on board at all times.
- Perform open heart surgery at the roadside (and treat the first survivor of this procedure).
- Pioneer and administer the life-saving REBOA procedure at the roadside (used to treat potentially fatal internal bleeding).
- Administer blood transfusions at the roadside.
And it’s not only Londoners who benefit:
- The REBOA procedure, developed by our medics, has been adopted for use on the battlefield by the US military.
- Leading consultants join us from around the world for secondments, bringing the world-renowned skills they learn back to their own hospitals.
- We share our findings with the wider emergency sector through our Institute of Pre-Hospital Care: organising courses, conferences and symposiums to influence best practice across the UK and beyond.
Innovation Circle members are thanked with:
- A private visit to our helipad at Royal London Hospital, with the opportunity to meet our medics, pilots and fire crew.
- Innovation Circle Evenings with our Research Fellows and medics, where you can hear about their work and meet your fellow Circle members in an intimate, informal setting.
- Biannual Innovation Circle Updates and ‘Newsflash’ e-mails, giving previews of the breakthroughs your support makes possible.
- Complementary invitations to exclusive events with our corporate partners.
- A dedicated relationship manager, offering you a personal point of contact.
- Recognition on the London’s Air Ambulance Charity website and in our Annual Review (unless you wish to remain anonymous).
Read more about the Innovation Circle by downloading our brochure below.
Or to find out more about joining the Innovation Circle, please contact:
020 3023 3337
We are proud and delighted to be supported by some special people who move us forward and help spread our vital work throughout the capital.
Our Ambassadors add value to London's Air Ambulance charity by:
- helping to raise valuable funds
- making an individual financial contribution
- opening up networks and attracting new supporters
- being named on literature / publicity material (where appropriate)
- generating media coverage about the charity or its work
- hosting or attending fundraising or other events
- generating awareness of the charity’s achievements and campaigns
- contributing to the public image of the organisation
Our current Ambassadors are:
Lord Maxwell Beaverbrook
Dr Hilary Jones
Sir Harry Solomon
Dr Alastair Wilson OBE
Sir George Iacobescu CBE
We are grateful to them for their continued contribution to our vital work.