LAA Access and availability
By accessing any part of this website, you shall be deemed to have accepted these terms in full. If you do not accept these terms in full, then you must leave this website immediately.
We try to keep this website available 24 hours a day: however, we will not be liable if for any reason this website is unavailable at any time or for any period.
We may revise these terms at any time by updating them and re-posting them here. You should check to see if these terms have been revised from time to time because they are binding on you in their current form and in any revised form once posted here.
You will be able to access most areas of this website without registering any of your details with us; however, in order to receive certain services or to enable you to fully interact with this website you may be required to register certain information with us. You agree to provide us with accurate information when registering. You also agree to notify us of any changes to that information, to ensure that it remains accurate at all times. We reserve the right to refuse you access to this website if any information provided by you proves to be inaccurate.
Certain parts of this website may only be accessed using a password. You promise to keep your password secret and not to disclose or share it with anyone. If you believe that someone else may have access to or know your password you must contact us immediately to change it.
Copyright and trademarks
The London’s Air Ambulance (LAA) logo is a registered trademark of LAA (a “mark”) and is LAA’s protected property. We are the owner of this mark and/or the authorised user of all other trademarks, service marks, design marks, copyrights, database rights and all other intellectual property appearing on or contained within this website, unless otherwise indicated.
Private use and non-commercial use
When visiting this website you are welcome to print hard copies of the material found on it for non-commercial teaching and educational purposes, and for your own lawful, personal, non-commercial use. All other copying, whether in electronic, hard copy or other format, is not allowed. We allow you to access this website on the condition that you do not reproduce, transmit, publicly perform, distribute, adapt, translate, modify, bundle, merge, share or make available to any person, or create derivative works of any material located on this website, or use it for commercial purposes, without our prior written consent. With the exemption of content that is available via a download link.
Any use of material found on this website other than in accordance with these terms is not allowed and will be in breach of these terms. If you are in breach of these terms then your permission to use this website will automatically terminate and you must immediately leave this website and destroy any downloaded or printed extracts from this website.
All rights not expressly granted in these terms are reserved to LAA.
While we try to ensure that the information on this website is correct, we do not warrant the accuracy and completeness of the material on this website. We may make changes to the material on this website, or to any products, services or any prices displayed, at any time and without notice. The material on this website may be out of date, but we use best endeavours to update such material.
The material contained at this website is provided ‘as is’ without any conditions, warranties or other terms of any kind. Accordingly, to the maximum extent permitted by law, we provide you with this website on the basis that we exclude all representations, warranties, conditions and other terms (including, without limitation, the conditions implied by law of satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and the use of reasonable care and skill) which, but for these terms, might have effect in relation to this website.
Links to and from other websites
Links to third party websites on this website are provided solely for your convenience. If you decide to use these links, you leave this website. We have not reviewed any of these third party websites and we do not control and are not responsible for these websites or their content. We therefore do not endorse or make any representations about them, or any material found there, or any results that may be obtained from using them. If you decide to access any of the third party websites linked to this website, you do so entirely at your own risk.
If you would like to link to this website, you may only do so, unless otherwise agreed with us in writing, on the basis that you link to, but do not replicate, the home page of this website, and subject to the following conditions:
- You do not remove, distort or otherwise alter the size or appearance of the marks or any other trademarks appearing on this website.
- You do not create a frame or any other browser or border environment around this website.
- You do not in any way imply that we are endorsing any products or services.
- You do not misrepresent your relationship with us nor present any other false information about us.
- You do not otherwise use any of the marks or any other intellectual property displayed on this website without express written permission from us.
- You do not link from a website that is not owned by you unless you have the written permission/authority of the owner of that website to do so.
- Your website does not contain content that is distasteful, offensive or controversial, infringes any intellectual property rights or other rights of any other person or otherwise does not comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
Limitation of liability
LAA, any other party (whether or not involved in creating, producing, maintaining or delivering this website) and any of its officers, directors, employees, or agents exclude all liability and responsibility for any amount or kind of loss or damage that may result to you or a third party (including without limitation any loss of income, profits, goodwill, data, contracts, use of money, or loss or damages arising from or connected in any way to business interruption, and whether in tort (including without limitation negligence), contract or otherwise) in connection with this website in any way or in connection with the use, inability to use or the results of use of this website, any websites linked to this website or the material on such websites, including but not limited to loss or damage due to viruses that may infect your computer equipment, software, data or other property on account of your access to, use of, or browsing this website or your downloading of any material from this website or any websites linked to this website. In so far as we are able to do so we exclude liability for any and all direct, indirect or consequential loss or damages that result from your use of this website.
Nothing in these terms shall exclude or limit our liability for:
- death or personal injury caused by our negligence
- misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter
- any liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
If your use of material on this website results in the need for servicing, repair or correction of equipment, software or data, you assume all costs thereof.
LAA Lottery is a weekly draw. Each chance costs £1 per week and upon receipt of your application we will issue you with a unique membership number which will be entered into the draw each week.
The winning numbers will be displayed weekly on our Lottery page
You may call 020 3023 3319 to request a winners list or view it here. If you are one of our lucky winners there is no need to check your numbers as we will notify you as soon as possible.
- The lottery is only open to persons aged 18 years or over via the website. A person can only sign up with a face to face fundraiser if they are 21.
- All prizes are set, there is no alternative.
- The draws will take place every Friday at the office of London’s Air Ambulance Charity by use of a computerised random number generator (in case of bank holidays and holiday periods, the draw will take place on the next working day).
- The winners will be published on our website, however the Supporter Care Team will always try and make contact to inform a member of their winnings.
- It is the lottery member’s responsibility to keep us notified of any change of contact details, such as telephone number, email address and postal address.
- The winners’ payments will be made via BACS transfer into the account the lottery member has been paying for the lottery, unless a cheque is requested by the supporter.
- If a lottery member has a standing order, the Supporter Care Team will need to make contact to confirm that the bank details we have are up to date before a BACS transfer is made.
- An entry is £1 per week and only members whose payments have been received in advance, will be entered into the draw.
- A winner’s prize is valid for six months from the date of the draw. If it is not claimed after six months, the money will be deemed a donation to London’s Air Ambulance Charity.
- Any application for entry into the lottery may be rejected for any reason by discretion of the Gambling Commission Lead Responsible Person.
- Any lottery entry may be terminated at the discretion of the Gambling Commission Lead Responsible Person.
- The Responsible Person’s decision is final in any matter regarding the lottery and, once made, will be final.
- Winners’ details, in brief, may be used to promote further lotteries, you may exclude from your location being published.
- The Responsible Person is not responsible in any way whatsoever for delays in payments being received.
- London’s Air Ambulance Charity staff and their families are excluded from playing the lottery.
- London’s Air Ambulance Trading is licensed and regulated in Great Britain by the Gambling Commission under account number 29691
- Rules may be updated at any time at the discretion of the charity.
Cancellations & Refunds
- Members can cancel their membership at any time by calling the Supporter Care Team on 020 302 33319, by emailing [email protected] or by writing to Supporter Care, London’s Air Ambulance Charity, 5th Floor, 77 Mansell Street, London, E1 8AN.
- Upon cancellation, the remaining lottery balance shall be deemed as a donation to the London’s Air Ambulance Charity which you have supported.
- If we are notified that a member of the lottery is deceased, pending official notification via Next of Kin or solicitor’s letter, upon receipt of which any balance will be refunded. If no receipt is received after 90 days, the outstanding balance will be assumed as a donation to the charity.
- We must be notified when a member of lottery is deceased even if the payment is from a joint account. In a case where the deceased member wins the lottery, we will need evidence of a death certificate and letter from Next of Kin before any winnings can be paid.
- If a lottery member requests a refund of a Direct Debit, this must be done through their bank or building society, in accordance with the Direct Debit Guarantee.
- Lottery members who pay via standing order or cheque should apply directly to London’s Air Ambulance Charity for any repayments. This will be considered on a case by case basis.
- In all cases of refund application, the charity reserves the right to check all supporting evidence and query the request.
Lottery Complaints Procedure
London's Air Ambulance Charity aims to ensure that any issue regarding the Lottery that you may have is dealt with promptly, efficiently and in confidence.
If you wish to make a complaint about our Lottery then please contact Supporter Care in the first instance by one of the following methods:
- Telephone: 020 3023 3319
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In writing: FAO Supporter Care, LAA, 5th Floor, 77 Mansell Street, London, E1 8AN. Please note there may be a delay in response if you write to us as our office may be close due to COVID-19 restrictions.
Our Supporter Care team will acknowledge your complaint and fully investigate within ten working days. Your complaint will be fully investigated by our Supporter Care team and a response issued within this time. If you are still not happy with the response to the issue you will then be referred to the Gambling Commission’s registered Responsible Person at our office address – Louise Robertshaw.
Fundraising Events Organised by LAA
The following terms and conditions are in relation to events organised by LAA:
1.1 To secure your place you must pay the registration fee by the date specified;
1.2 Any entry fees paid are non-refundable. If an activity organised by LAA is cancelled for any reason, LAA will, at your request, endeavour to refund any fee paid by you to LAA or to offer you a place for an alternative activity.
1.3 You agree to ensure that you are eligible to take part in the activity and confirm you are not aware of any medical condition or impairment that may be detrimental to your health if you participate in the activity. If you are in any doubt as to your physical ability to take part in the activity you must consult your doctor before arranging to take part;
1.4 You pledge to raise the minimum amount of sponsorship set for this event. You understand that it is the aim of the challenge to raise as much above the minimum amount as possible in aid of LAA;
1.5 You understand all funds donated are made unconditionally and automatically belongs to the charity regardless of whether or not the activity is completed. LAA will endeavour to defer a participant’s place on an event or source an alternative activity if the event is cancelled or the participant can no longer participate due to injury or illness. If the place cannot be deferred or a suitable alternative activity cannot be sourced, LAA will review individual refund claims case by case.
1.6 You understand you are entering the event at your own risk and that LAA (and any of its group companies and any of their agents or employees) do not accept liability for any injury or loss that may occur as a result of your participation.
1.7 All participants must act responsibly and take care for their own safety and that of those around them;
1.8 You must not participate in the event whilst under the influence of alcohol or drugs, nor consume alcohol or drugs during the event;
1.9 You agree that LAA may publish or broadcast photographs, video or other footage of you participating in the event for the purpose of publicising the event and the work of LAA generally;
2. Fundraising Events Organised by a Third Party
The following terms and conditions are in relation to events organised by a Third Party:
2.1 You agree to the terms and conditions set out above;
2.2 Where an activity organised by a third party is cancelled for any reason, LAA will endeavour to source an alternative activity. If a suitable activity is not sourced, LAA are unable to offer a refund on any registration fee paid;
2.3 You understand all funds donated are made unconditionally and automatically belongs to the charity regardless of whether or not the activity is completed. LAA will endeavour to defer a participant’s place on an event or source an alternative activity if the event is cancelled or the participant can no longer participate due to injury or illness. If the place cannot be deferred or a suitable alternative activity cannot be sourced, LAA will review individual refund claims case by case;
2.4 By registering to participate for the event organised by a Third Party, you agree to the terms and conditions set out by the Third Party, including the Conditions of Entry.
3. All Fundraising Events (whether organised by you, LAA or someone else)
The following terms and conditions are in relation to those organising a fundraising event or activity to raise money for LAA. We expect our fundraisers to:
3.1 Be responsible for all costs and expenses relating to the activity;
3.2 Be responsible for the safe conduct of the activity and take all steps necessary to protect the health and safety of activity participants and spectators, including carrying out all necessary risk assessments, providing all necessary safety equipment and the supervision of participants and spectators;
3.3 Obtain and maintain appropriate insurance for the activity, to cover, in particular, risk of injury or death to participants and spectators;
3.4 Comply with all applicable laws and regulations, and obtain all necessary licences and consents, in relation to the conduct of the activity; and
3.5 Comply with the Fundraising Regulators Codes of Practice provisions and Charity Commission Guidelines.
4. Fundraising Agreement
Our fundraisers are vital to the work we do and we are incredibly grateful to every individual who tirelessly raises money for our cause. The below illustrates our expectations of our fundraisers:
4.1 Support our aims, values and objectives and be able to communicate these effectively on behalf of the service;
4.2 Remember that whilst representing the charity you should strive to uphold the good name and reputation of LAA;
4.3 Communicate with us and keep us informed of any issues, concerns or feedback;
4.4 Respect the need for confidentiality whenever there is access to restricted charity information;
4.5 Make clear you are raising funds “in aid of LAA” and will not indicate or imply that you represent LAA;
4.6 You must only use any sponsorship forms, posters, banners, leaflets, badges or other LAA materials in connection with the specific activities which you have notified LAA of and in connection with which LAA has authorised you to raise money in aid of LAA.
4.7 LAA provides pre-designed fundraising materials for you to fill in with your activity details and use to promote your activity. You must not use LAA’s name or logo on materials created by you without the LAA’s prior approval
5. You agree:
5.1 Not to take any costs relating to your activity out of funds raised unless:
5.1.1 This has been agreed with LAA; and
5.1.2 You have made this clear to sponsors and other donors before asking them to sponsor you/make a donation/buy a ticket etc;
5.2 If you send us any photos or videos of your activity that LAA may (free of charge) publish or broadcast them to publicise the work of LAA and to promote fundraising in aid of LAA;
5.3 Not to use LAA logo nor any LAA images to promote your business (nor that of anyone else) without separate approval from LAA. In particular, you must not use the LAA logo on or in relation to any of your products or services or on the packaging, advertising or promotional materials for your business, products or services nor as part of any domain name.
5.4 If requested to do so by the LAA, to immediately stop fundraising in aid of LAA and to then immediately:
5.4.1 Return any funds you have raised in aid of LAA to your sponsors or to any persons who have paid to take part in your planned activity (if the activity has not yet happened) and then immediately pay any money (not returned in this way) to LAA; and
5.4.2 Stop using any LAA materials you still have and return them to LAA (or destroy them if asked to do so by LAA) and delete any electronic copies you have of LAA materials.
5.4.3 If you have created a fundraising page you agree to this page and the information you have provided being available for visitors to the LAA website to search and view
Mobile phone terms and conditions
Thank you for helping London’s Air Ambulance Charity with a donation by text. Here are our terms and conditions, outlining how our text donations work.
One off text donations
Texts include the cost of your donation plus your standard network rate. London’s Air Ambulance receives 98% of your donation, as we must pay a fee to use this SMS service.
We would like to tell you more about the life saving work of London’s Air Ambulance Charity – this could be through telephone, text or online advertising, but if you would prefer not to receive any communications from us, please text LAASTOP to 70099. It can take us up to one working day to remove your number from our call list so please accept our apologies if you receive a call in the meantime.
For any further questions please call our Supporter Care Team on 020 3023 3319* or email [email protected]
Regular text donations
What happens when I sign up?
You will be charged £3 plus the cost of two standard rate text messages in the first month and we will receive 98% of your donation, as we must pay a fee to use this SMS service. To opt-in to the scheme and make your first donation all you have to do is reply YES to the activating message you receive. Every month you will receive a free reminder text message the day before your gift is due. If you are happy to give, you do not need to do anything and your donation will be sent through. If you do not want to give, you can choose to skip a month.
Your gift will be activated once you reply YES and your first donation of £3 will be charged to your phone bill or your pay-as-you-go credit.
What happens on a monthly basis?
This is a subscription service. You will be charged your donation amount plus the cost of one standard rate text message. Each month you will receive a free text as a reminder, the day before your gift is due. If you are happy to give you don't need to do anything and you'll be charged £3, or you can choose to skip a month.
You will be charged £3 a month thereafter. We will receive 98% of your donation.
Can I skip a month?
When you receive your free reminder text, if you would prefer not to give, simply reply SKIP within 24 hours of receiving the message and we will not take your donation that month. You will be charged for one standard rate text message.
If your phone is out of range or switched off, you do not need to worry. We will only receive your gift 24 hours after we know that your phone has received our message.
See your gifts in action
We want you to see how your gifts are helping to save lives in London so we will send you regular updates on our work. You might also receive videos and other useful content that you can view on an internet-enabled phone or your computer.
We will not charge you for this content but as with any mobile browsing, viewing it could mean you incur charges from your network provider.
Unless otherwise stated, there will be no refunds for the cost of any SMS donation made, or for any misdialled short codes or misspelled keywords.
All supporters must obtain permission from the bill payer before sending a text message. If you are under 18 years old, you must have your parent or guardian's permission before signing up to our campaigns.
Would you like to change how you hear from us?
By using this service, you agree that we may call or text you on your mobile or serve you online advertising in the future about our work and how you can help.
If you’d like to talk to us about your donation or would like to stop or change how you hear from us, please call our Supporter Care team on 020 3023 3319* or email [email protected]. Our team will be happy to answer any questions you may have.
Your gift through this service is eligible for Gift Aid. In order for us to reclaim the tax you have already paid on your gifts and make them worth a quarter more, at no cost to you, we might call you to confirm your details.
Ending your support
If you want to end your gifts permanently, you can text LAASTOP to 70099 to unsubscribe altogether.
*Lines open Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm.
Other general terms
These terms constitute the whole agreement and understanding between LAA and you in relation to your use of this website and they supersede any previous written or oral agreements made between you and LAA with respect to this website.
We may assign, transfer or otherwise sub-contract any of our obligations, benefits or rights under these terms to any third party but you may not.
Any person who is not a party to these terms has no right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any of these terms.
If any provision of these terms is found by a court to be invalid, you agree that such provision shall be deemed substituted by an alternative provision so as to give effect to the original intentions of LAA and you and the remaining provisions shall remain in full force and effect.
These terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and any disputes arising in connection with these terms shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.