Our Annual Review documents our key achievements and milestones from the previous financial year. Within, you’ll find comments from our CEO, chair and medical director, our financial reports and our key mission data, alongside patient stories, highlights and more.
For previous Annual Reviews, see below:
A copy of our latest audited accounts is available for download below:
For every £1 we spend on raising funds, we generated £3 in income.
With the aim of doubling the income of the charity in the next five years to safeguard its future, we have made substantial investment in fundraising in the past year and will continue to invest in fundraising over the coming years.
For every pound of spending, 47p* was spent delivering our service and 53p went towards fundraising. This follows a strategic decision to invest significantly in growing individual giving (including lottery) over the coming years. This requires upfront funding to recruit new supporters to provide long-term, sustainable income.
Our Charitable Spending Ratio** as calculated by the charity Commission BETA version is 60% (2017/18 78%). This is calculated as charitable spending (including governance costs) as a percentage of our income available for charitable spending.
* The charitable costs of the clinical provision are not included within these figures.
** Calculated using the methodology published by the Charity Commission on the BETA version – beta.charitycommission.gov.uk
Every second of every day, London's Air Ambulance is here
Our charity's mission is to save more lives in London through rapid response and cutting-edge care. Our strategy document Saving more lives details how we will achieve this over the next five years through the following five strategic goals.
- Save time – treating everyone who needs us, when and where they needs us.
- Better care – to improve patient care and to end preventable deaths.
- Connecting with the people of London – to increase the number of charity givers in London who support our service.
- Double income – to ensure our financial security and sustainability over the next five years to fund our organisational objectives.
- Our culture – continue to develop a supportive and enabling environment that gets the best of our people