Whether it’s a birthday, a milestone anniversary, Diwali, your bar mitzvah or graduation, you can make your celebration even more special by raising funds and helping save lives across London.
Dedicating your special day to help keep our vital service flying is an incredible way to celebrate.
Facebook fundraisers are quick and easy to set up, and there are no fees for donations, so all of the money you raise will go to providing lifesaving trauma care to critically injured people across London.
Now that is worth celebrating!
Visit Facebook and follow the simple steps to set up and share your celebration fundraising page.
If you aren’t on Facebook or would prefer to raise funds in a different way, you can set up your own London’s Air Ambulance Charity celebration fundraising page.
Top tips to make the most of your celebration fundraising:
- Set a target on your fundraising page
- Write a little bit about why you are supporting London’s Air Ambulance Charity
- Share, share and share again – let everyone know what you are doing and how their contribution will help save someone’s life. Don’t be shy – it’s your celebration so shout about it!
- Encourage people to add Gift Aid to their donation – it will increase the amount that goes to our lifesaving service by 25% at no extra cost
- Ask your employer if they have a match funding scheme for charitable donations and would be willing to support your fundraising efforts
- Thank your donors for their generosity
- Celebrate not only your special event but also the fact that you are a lifesaver!
If you are creating your Facebook fundraiser on a mobile or tablet:
- Go to the Facebook app
- Search for London’s Air Ambulance Charity
- Click on Fundraisers in the menu bar
- Click Raise Money
- Choose your image, title and description
- Choose the goal and currency
- Click create!
Betty and Benny's story
2022 was our Platinum wedding anniversary, having married in the same year as the Queen came to the throne.
We loved the idea that our guests attending our anniversary party could donate money to a charity of our choice rather than bringing a gift. It was an easy decision as our youngest son, Steve, has been a volunteer for London’s Air Ambulance Charity for a number of years and told us of the great work it does in saving lives in London.
We have been fortunate that none of our relatives or friends have needed the service, but we want to do everything we can to make sure they can be there for the people of London in their time of need.
Many of our friends and family attended our party held in July and lots donated to this worthy cause.
A collection bucket, as well as leaflets giving further information, were provided by the charity so they could all see the incredible work the London’s Air Ambulance Charity does.
Steve also helped us to set up a donation page for those preferring to pay on-line and the charity added any cash donations to that page as well, so we had a grand total.
We raised over £450 and were very happy to use our celebration to raise money for this vital service.
How you can get involved
Whether it’s a birthday, anniversary party or a virtual collection on Facebook, you can help save the life of a critically injured person in London by dedicating your celebration to London’s Air Ambulance Charity.
For more information or support, please get in touch with us at [email protected].