Your chance to win an exclusive helicopter visit
We are offering pupils and teachers the chance to win a genuinely exclusive chance to see our iconic helicopter up close and personal, and meet our amazing pilots and medical crew.
The competition is completely voluntary – if you would rather not enter then that is absolutely fine and doesn’t stop your school from taking part in the main Create-a-Copter activity.
Winners will be chosen by an ‘expert’ panel consisting of our pilots, medics and fundraising team. The competition categories will be:
- Our favourite copter creation Key Stage 1
- Our favourite copter creation Key Stage 2
- School with the highest fundraising total
There will also be special prizes for runners up in all categories.
The competition closes at 3pm on Friday 12 November.
For further information about the competition, please see our FAQ’s and Terms and Conditions section below.
Register your school’s Create-a-Copter entry
We have lots of offline (cash and cheque) donations. How do we make sure these are counted towards our fundraising total?
Competition terms and conditions
- The Create-a-Copter competition is completely voluntary and is not a requirement of taking part in the main activity and fundraising.
- The competition can only be entered by those schools that register and fundraise for London’s Air Ambulance Charity’s Create-a-Copter activity between 13th September 2021 and 12th November 2021.
- Entry for the competition closes at 3pm on Friday 12th November. Please see the FAQ’s section above for more details. Entries received after this time and date will not be entered into the competition.
- Each school can enter only one (1) design per key stage eg one copter for KS1 and one copter for KS2. Each school is completely free to decide how their particular entries are chosen.
- Entry must be via the Create-a-Copter form located on this page. Any entries received via any other means will not be entered into the competition.
- A team of judges London’s Air Ambulance staff and operational team will choose their favourite designs in the KS1 and KS2 categories. The decision of the judging group will be final. The decision from each judge will be based solely on their personal favourite helicopter creation.
- The school that has raised the most amount of funds at 3pm on Friday 12 November will be announced as the winner of the Fundraising category. Any funds collected offline (cash and cheques) can either be paid onto a school’s online fundraising page or sent to our head office 5th Floor, 77 Mansell Street, London E1 8AN, with a covering letter. Any funds received after this time and date will be gratefully accepted, but will not count towards the competition total.
- London’s Air Ambulance Charity will contact the winning school(s) and arrange the visit to meet our crew and see our helicopter.
- Due to the unpredictable and urgent nature of our work, time and dates of the visit may change at short notice. We will always do our very best to minimise the impact on teachers, staff and pupils, but this may not always be possible.
- A maximum of 6 representatives from each winning school will be able to attend, including the pupil who created the winning entry. We will require information of each person in the school group before the visit. Failure to provide any mandatory information in the time specified may result in that person, or the whole group, being denied attendance.
- London’s Air Ambulance Charity reserves the right to hold void, suspend, cancel or amend this competition where it becomes necessary to do so.
We will send further details of any requirements to each winning school ahead of the proposed visit.
If you have any further questions then please email [email protected]