This Easter we’d like our eggs flied!
Did you know that in the time it takes to boil an egg our helicopter can deliver our medical team to the side of a seriously injured patient, administering hospital-level care that could be the difference between life and death. This wouldn’t be possible without your support.
This Easter, we would like to invite schools to raise awareness and vital funds for London’s Air Ambulance Charity by creating a special Eggicopter.
Students, their families and teachers can decorate any egg of their choosing, whether it be hard boiled, a scotch egg or a chocolate one and create their own unique egg-based helicopter.
Perhaps students can reimagine our distinctive red helicopter or design a themed Eggicopter based on a historical figure, an animal, fictional character or even themselves.
Designs are limited only by your imagination.
Taking part is straightforward and simple:
- If you’d like to - visit London's Air Ambulance : Register and create your school’s unique Easter fundraising page (all schools are welcome to participate regardless of whether they choose to fundraise)
- Share your page with your families and encourage them to create their Eggicopters over the Easter weekend
- Upload photos to your fundraising page – you can add an unlimited no of images allowing your class/school to easily share their page.
- If they can access social media, ask your families to share images of their creations with us via either our Facebook, Instagram or Twitter accounts, ensuring they tag in our main charity accounts @ldnairamb (using the Hashtag #Eggicopter) so that we can easily see their eggciting creations.
- Invite people to donate the cost of an Easter egg to keep our helicopter flying – all donations made via our website are automatically received by our charity.
Our panel of eggsperts have been tasked with choosing their favourite Eggicopters and winning designs will receive a prize.
Andy Thomson - London's Air Ambulance Pilot
Susan Bunn – Supporter, London artist and member of AARTI (A River Runs Through It)
Simon Trill - Supporter and London's Air Ambulance Charity volunteer, and his son Dom aged 10
So please do check out our eggcellent Easter web page here for inspiration.
We hope you have a cracking time this Easter while helping to save lives across London.