We have plenty of volunteer roles available. To apply, please complete the online application form, or for more information, contact the volunteering team on [email protected] or call 020 3023 3300.
Community Fundraising Volunteer
The role can consist of, but may not include all of the below activities. Volunteers can choose the elements of the role that are best suited to their skills and availability and will not be required to do everything listed below. Volunteers will have a point of contact that they can speak to at any time.
• Charity collection pot coordination – volunteers can be responsible for pots in their local area and will be able to collect and replace full pots as well as seek out new locations for pots
• Manage and take part in charity bucket collections at local supermarkets, stations and events
• Seek out and attend local community events on behalf of London's Air Ambulance to help raise awareness and funds for the charity
• Approach local community groups about supporting London's Air Ambulance as part of their fundraising initiatives or offer to provide a short talk about the charity
• Promote volunteering opportunities, campaigns and ways to support the charity to members of the public
• Support the Community Team with local Charity of the year partnerships e.g supermarkets
Full training and support will be provided.
Volunteer Drivers and Co-Pilots
Are you looking to volunteer in a regular role which makes a vital contribution to our charity? If so, we need drivers and co-pilots who are able to help us on week days on a regular basis. Our drivers and co-pilots support us with distributing and collecting our fundraising pots as well as delivering items for events and fundraising activities.
Drivers will need a full driving licence and will be required to undertake a driving assessment. Co-pilots are not required to drive but accompany drivers to assist with collecting and changing pots, managing the pot lists and helping with directions.
Our cars are based at the Royal London Hospital in Whitechapel and drivers will deliver and collect across London.
Are you passionate about the work that London's Air Ambulance does across London? Do you have experience of public speaking or would you like to develop skills in this area? We are looking for volunteers to assist us in spreading the word about our charity to local community groups, organisations, schools and companies and are looking for confident individuals to help us engage with them. Full training will be provided as well as opportunities to observe talks before deciding if the role is for you.
Volunteer in our Shop at The Royal London Hospital
Our Charity Shop is based at The Royal London Hospital in Whitechapel and we rely on dedicated volunteers to help keep the shop open and sell merchandise to members of the public. The shop sells a variety of London's Air Ambulance branded merchandise including hoodies, pens, key rings and notepads and also provides supporters with a range of information about the charity.
We are looking for volunteers who are able to commit to one day or half a day per week to work alongside other volunteers and run the shop. Full training is provided and no prior experience is necessary although this is useful.